Laura’s Blog Entry
I’m thinking my little break might be over. Had a tough week, but after a little talking to, my hormones decided to buck up and stop messing with me. I might just rejoin the human race, after all.
Here’s a couple washcloths I made a while back and finally delivered to their recipient (and his mom).
The pattern is Wedding Washcloths from The Purl Bee. (Link below.) In white they are pretty and delicate looking, but in bright cotton colors they are super cute!
I was a tiny bit leery about doing seed stitch, the bumpy pattern on the one cloth and the border of the other, but I gave it a go. It’s not bad in a small piece like this. I’m pretty good with ribbing – knit one, purl one – because the like stitches are stacked. But seed stitch is harder to read, so I mess up. Not this time though. Much. That couldn’t be fixed.
It was totally worth it. What I really like is that these came out just about the same size. When I make two coordinating cloths, I like them to be the same size. That’s hard to do, even when I swatch. Someone else did the math for me and that is just lovely!
You can find the free pattern here. Yarn used is Patons Grace 100% cotton in colors Azure and Ginger. I used size 6 needles and they worked up quickly. It’s a great take-along project. I should do a few more for Mari’s washcloth collection.